Tuesday, November 29, 2011

End of Fall Term, Beginning of an Adventure

I'm feeling very motivated and hopeful in my CMS internship!  I had a great meeting with Chip today - I pretty much always feel motivated and hopeful walking out of a meeting with Chip.  He tells me that my ambition and energy is great, but I can only hope I inspire him as much as he does me.

I'm in an information seeking stage.  He filled me on a lot of big picture stuff surrounding mediation in Eugene, the history and future of CMS, and gave me great leads on where to go next.  My biggest questions surround how to best spend my time over the next six months.  We need to increase revenue, of course, and I'm confident that will happen.  More than that we need to "brand" CMS and get the word out that's there's a better way to resolve conflict than file a lawsuit!  I'm encouraged by the opportunities that exist for CMS and mediation as a whole.  But I'm being careful not to jump the gun...I want to have a solid foundation of knowledge before making any big moves.

Ever present in the back of my head is bringing mediation to Cottage Grove.  I'm more encouraged of this prospect everyday.  I'm confident CMS will make a splash in CG in 2012.

I'm thrilled with how much I've learned this term!  And its just the first one!  This program has exceeded my (high) expectations and I'm very excited about the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment